Certificate in French Proficiency
Our Certificate in French Proficiency program offers French language teachers and other interested individuals the opportunity to improve their level of French language skill as part of their personal and professional development. Participants in this 30 credit-hour certificate will acquire a functional command of French by upgrading their speaking, reading, listening, and writing skills.
The certificate is designed to accommodate participants at any proficiency level, from true beginners to advanced learners. Upon completing the program, participants must take the internationally recognized test of French proficiency, the TCF - Test de connaissance du français.
- Take the placement test to determine the appropriate starting level
- Complete up to 6 credit-hours (2 courses) every summer during intensive sessions on our beautiful campus
- The Certificate in French Proficiency program is recognized by the Office of Teacher Certification as an approved certificate program for the purposes of upgrading: approval is required from the Office of Teacher Certification (prior to beginning the program)
- Begin at a skill level that fits your learning needs, from beginner to advanced
- Focus on areas of particular interest with a diverse selection of electives
- Study at your own pace throughout the year with several available online, open-entry courses
The dates for the 2018 Summer Institute are July 9 - 20, with the TCF exam to be written on July 21.
- Current students should register for classes by June 22.
- New students: Next cohort scheduled to begin July 2020.
2018 Course Offerings
|9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|FRAN 3733||Expression Écrite Avancée|
|FRAN 3743||Compréhension Écrite Avançée|
|1:00 p.m. to 4:00 pm|
|FRAN 3703||La France Contemporaine|
|FRAN 4403||Méthodologie de l'Enseignement du Français Langue Seconde|