Certificate in French Proficiency
Our Certificate in French Proficiency program offers French language teachers and other interested individuals the opportunity to improve their level of French language skill as part of their personal and professional development. Participants in this 30 credit-hour certificate will acquire a functional command of French by upgrading their speaking, reading, listening, and writing skills.
The certificate is designed to accommodate participants at any proficiency level, from true beginners to advanced learners. Upon completing the program, participants must take the internationally recognized test of French proficiency, the TCF - Test de connaissance du français.
- Take the placement test to determine the appropriate starting level
- Complete up to 6 credit-hours (2 courses) every summer during intensive sessions on our beautiful campus
- Qualify for an Advanced Teacher’s Certificate 1 (ATC 1): approval is required from the Office of Teacher Certification (prior to beginning the program)
- Begin at a skill level that fits your learning needs, from beginner to advanced
- Focus on areas of particular interest with a diverse selection of electives
- Study at your own pace throughout the year with several available online, open-entry courses
The dates for the 2017 Summer Institute are July 10-21, with the TCF exam to be written on July 22.
- New applicants should apply by June 12.
- Current students should register by June 23.
2017 Course Offerings
|9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|FRAN 2013||Français Avancé, Niveau 1|
|FRAN 2023||Français Avancé, Niveau 2|
|FRAN 3733||Expression Écrite Avancée|
|FRAN 4423||Directed Readings: “Traduction spécialisée en ressources pédagogiques”|
|1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|FRAN 2713||Compréhension et Expression Écrites|
|FRAN 3153||Expression Orale Avancée, Niveau 3|
|FRAN 4403||Methodologie De Lènseignement Du Francais Langue Seconde|
|FRAN 4553||Littérature francophone : post-colonialisme dans les littératures africaine et antillaise|